What is an Air Purifier Humidifier Combo?
Just as its name implies, this is a combination of two different devices- an air purifier and a humidifier.
An air purifier, also known as an air cleaner is a device that removes contaminants from the air in the room. Some of the contaminants it can remove include dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, dust mite feces, smoke particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Wherein, when some people, especially sensitive people are exposed to these contaminants may increase the likelihood of experiencing symptoms of sick building syndrome. An air purifier is beneficial to individuals who are hypersensitive to substance, that is people suffering from allergies and asthmas. This device reduces or eliminates second-hand tobacco smoke. It was used as early as 1860’s by John Stenhouse, with modifications and innovations from time to time because of the more and resistible contaminants found in the modern-day homes.
On the other hand, a humidifier is a device that adds moisture to the air to prevent dryness. Dryness in the air can cause irritation in many parts of the human body. People who are experiencing chapped lips, dry sinuses, irritated vocal cords, dry cough, dry skins, nose irritation and bloody noses usually run for humidifiers to help them relieve such problems. Humidifiers can also relieve some of the symptoms caused by flu. In our homes, we can use the point-of-use humidifiers which are commonly used to humidify a single room or use the furnace humidifiers which are connected to a home’s HVAC system which provides humidity to the entire house.
Fortunately, today you don’t have to buy an air purifier and a humidifier separately just to enjoy the benefits that each device can offer. Good news! There is already a combination of the two- an “air purifier humidifier combo”.
What does an Air Purifier Humidifier Combo do?
An air purifier and a humidifier create chemistry! They work well in tandem! While a separate humidifier regulates the air humidity in a room, allergens and toxins can become trapped in the water, increasing the possibility that you will become sick. Fear not! An air purifier will be to the rescue! Air purifier eliminates the problem by removing those particles from the air, as it is designed to do.
If you buy a quality air purifier humidifier combo devices, we assure you that you can live in a house circulated with clean, dirt free air that is also humid enough to prevent respiratory problems but not too humid to bring mold related infections to you and your household.
Advantages of an Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
What more can you look for if you can buy an air purifier and a humidifier in a single device? If you can afford to get this device that does both the functions of an air purifier and a humidifier, you could benefit from the following:
- It eliminates dust, dirt and pollen particles that could increase germ related infections in your house.
- It cleans out odors in your houses. The best air purifier humidifier combo is efficient at eliminating all types of pet odors, cooking or liquid solutions’ odors and smoking.
- Some of the top-rated air purifier humidifier combos have stress relieving and therapeutic Thus, it relieves stress and invariably put you in a good mood
- It makes your home fresh and also smells good. There is air purifier humidifier combos that have air freshening capabilities. There are also some that have aromatherapy functions or anxiety-reducing effects, especially when used together with the right essential products. You can try out some!
- It humidifies your home and can protect your skin, eyes and your overall health conditions.
- It is cost effective because you can have a single device that offers services that could have been offered by two separate devices. Also, buying an air purifier humidifier combo spares you from having to purchase two separate household appliances, thus helping you save money. There will be no two appliances consuming electricity at the same time for separate operations, but rather a single appliance will draw energy and handle two tasks at once.
- Most of the air purifier humidifier combos are portable and have highly useful features, like a digital smart screen. You should try one!
- At some point, it also reduces medical bills to a great extent. If you buy an air purifier humidifier combo, you can live in a house free of bacteria, germs, viruses. It also prevents the possible effects of dry air that can cause diseases.
- It is a space-saving device. Instead of putting two separate devices in your home, you can at least put a 2-in-1 device that will save space in your home. There is also an additional bonus! You won’t have to move around two appliances from one room to the another but rather a single one when you want to boost air quality in separate areas of the house.
Locating your Air Purifier Humidifier in the Home
Where should you properly place your air purifier humidifier combo? Your air purifier humidifier combo should be located in an open central space, which will allow for the maximum flow of air. If you place the device near a wall, it will reduce its effectiveness and diminish the quality of air purification.
Cost of an Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
The cost of an air purifier humidifier combo varies. The price ranges from $100-$500 depending on the speculations of the air purifier humidifier combo you will buy. But be assured of getting the value for your money invested in this 2-in-1 appliance. We'll help you here.
How to select Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
Since this appliance can remove contaminants such as pollen, dust and its like. The first thing you need to consider in selecting an air purifier humidifier combo is the contaminant you want to get rid of. If you already know what odors or smells you want to remove from the air of your home, then this part is very easy for you. Simply choose an air purifier humidifier combo that removes the pollutant you intend to target. When you buy, look for the details of the appliance because manufacturers list the kinds of contaminants their air purifier humidifiers combo can remove. Here are some impurities that this device can eliminate:
- Particles- These include components such as pollen, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and dust. These can be seen without the use of a microscope.
- Smells- These include odors from pets, food and different kinds of smoke like second-hand tobacco smoke.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and chemicals- Mostly, these are gasses released by other components in the house. Some of these are harmless while others may pose a significant risk to your health. Let’s site Benzene as an example. This is released by drying paint in a particular area of your house. It can also be found in cleaning products, furniture, and carpeting.
- Bacteria and viruses- Through an air purifier humidifier combo, it can trap bacteria from the air and prevent the spread of some diseases like the common cold to members of the family.
Efficiency is also another consideration you must ruminate in selecting an air purifier humidifier combo. No doubt, all the brands in the market may claim that they are efficient in cleaning out your air. The question is, what percentage efficiency do you want in your air purifier humidifier combo? Efficiency may depend on some situations like for example, if your allergies are extremely mild or you are simply looking to get rid of pet dander or just simple odors, then you might be able to choose an air purifier humidifier combo with 90 percent efficiency. On the other hand, if you have or if there is a member of the family who has chronic allergies, 90 percent of filtration is likely to be insufficient. In this situation, you should choose an air purifier humidifier combo that has 99 percent of efficiency. Here’s a suggestion, you must choose an air purifier humidifier combo with the best efficiency you can afford. It is always recommended to go for the best quality you can afford.
A humidistat is a device that helps to measure and control the humidity levels in your home. You should take note that you must keep humidity at levels of 45%-50% since it is ideal to solve all problems created by dry air. On the other hand, if the humidity increases to more than 50%, the air serves as a breeding ground for dust mites, mold spores and the like as they get adequate moisture for survival. Thus, you should choose an air purifier humidifier combo with a built-in automatic humidistat so that you do not have to worry about humidifying your home. As a humidistat helps in controlling the humidity, it shuts off the humidifier when relative humidity is achieved. Thus, helping you to lower your electricity bills.
The type of filters
Just like considering contaminant removal, this consideration also depends on which contaminant you target to remove. Here are some types of filters:
- Carbon Filters- These type of filters are believed to remove Benzene, Xylene, Oils, Toluene and some chlorinated compounds.
- HEPA Filters or High-Efficiency Particulate Arresting Filters- These type of filters are the ones used to eliminate almost all kinds of impurities. They can remove airborne pollutants because of their high degree of effectiveness which causes them to be employed in the nuclear industry.
- Electrostatic Filters- These types of filters can remove minuscule particles. These are typically added to purifiers already containing other filters just to increase their efficiency.
Cleaning and Maintenance
In choosing an air purifier humidifier combo, the cost of cleaning and maintenance should be considered. Opt for ones that are easy and convenient to clean and also does not have very high maintenance costs. Remember, some air purifier humidifier requires regular cleaning and changing their filters, thus adding to your cleaning efforts and maintenance costs. Also, some air purifier humidifier combo needed to be filled with water and rinsed out daily or every second day.
Level of Noise
Some air purifier humidifier combo makes some noise while others can be disturbingly noisy. If you get irritated by an extreme noise, then this should be one of your considerations when buying an air purifier humidifier combo. Check out how noisy the appliance can get before you choose to purchase it.
Top 3 Air Purifier Humidifier Combos
Dreval D-850 Air Purifier Cleaner Humidifier
This is one of the top air purifier humidifier combos because of the air purification efficiency rate of 99.7% and the capability to humidify your home to optimum levels. Isn’t that impressive? It has many modern features, flexible and user-friendly which make this a perfect buy for anyone on a low budget.
The unique feature about this Dreval is its cold catalyst filter, which can efficiently catch ammonia, benzene, hydrogen sulfide and other dangerous gases. With its cold catalyst filter, it decomposes these components into harmless byproducts with the help of the oxygen gas in your home. This filter can be used for five years as long as it is not damaged.
Dreval D-850 air purifier cleaner humidifier contains both activated carbon and a HEPA filter. This device’s cellular carbon filters help clean out large dirt, and pollen particles, odors, spores and molds before these particles are directed to the HEPA filter.
In addition to these features, Dreval D-850 also has a 245nm ultraviolet sterilize lights that help in killing a variety of bacteria and viruses with utmost efficiency. This device produces negative ions into your house that contributes to the freshening purposes.
Moreover, this device comes with an inbuilt humidification function that is effective at optimizing humidity levels in your home. With this, your skin stays moisturized, you experience less body fatigue, your quality of respiration improves and invariably improve your body metabolism.
And lastly, the noise level of this device is about 30dBA which is negligible and does not disturb during operation.
- Effective 7-Stage filtration
- Sleek and modern design
- Eliminates unpleasant odors
- Suitable for large areas up to 430 square feet
- UV light which enables germ and bacteria destruction
- Small reservoir
Venta Air Washer 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier
Venta Air 2-in-1 humidifier and air purifier is a square-shaped device that doesn’t use any filter at all. It is designed to clean out dirt or pollen particles without the help of air filters or cartridges. With its German filterless air purification technology, dry indoor air gets drawn in by rotating fans and is then directed into a stack of rotating disks. These disks are what actually trap the dirt, pollen, odors and other contaminants present in your home. These disks dip in and out of the water as they rotate around and trap dirt. Once all contaminants are dumped into the device’s water tank’s water, clean moisturized water will be released via evaporation in which it will raise the humidity levels in your home as well as air quality.
Since the device does not use air filters or any ionic system that can produce ozone, this is definitely one of the most risk-free air purifier humidifier combos you can get. On the other hand, this device lacks a humidity control feature because it comes with an auto shut down feature and does not attract white dust like most of its competitors. But despite that, since it has two-gallon capacity, Venta Air Washer can efficiently get your home humidity to optimum levels for very long hours. This was proven by many consumers; thus making Venta 2-in-1 humidifier and air purifier still one of the best you can get.
This device offers incredible humidification and air purification services for rooms as big as 400 square feet. Venta Air Washer’s water tank can hold up to three gallons of fresh water which means it can humidify an 800 square foot house for several hours.
- Energy efficient
- Humidifies quickly
- Easy to fill and use
- Recommended for large rooms as big as 400 square feet
- Compact and highly portable
- Low maintenance
- Low water indicator
- Auto shut off
- Three-speed fan
- Air purifier and humidifier in one 8.5 pound package
- Fairly quiet
- Lacks humidity control function
Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function
The Sharp KC-850U Plasma Cluster is one of the best air purifier and humidifier combos. Why? Because of the HEPA filters in these machines are top notch. Its filters outperform those found in many higher-priced purifiers on the market. Having a true HEPA filter, this device eliminated pollen and small micron dirt particles in your home. It only lacks a filter indicator which means that you have to personally decide when to replace the HEPA filter.
This device works through the patented plasma cluster technology for both air purification and humidification purposes. This technology works by releasing positive and negative ions in the air which react with water vapor in the air, produces a product known as hydroxyl and end up oxidizing the contaminants.
Sharp KC 850U is only a medium sized 20lbs weighing air purifier that can also humidify your home up to optimum levels. This device is white colored with sharp edges and has a smart digital screen that could add aesthetics to any interior décor. Its white casing takes a diamond pattern, plus the green blue and red colors on its digital screen will definitely make you fall in love with it. Thanks to the design of this device! As a bonus, you can easily clean off the trapped dirt particles because it pops the particles off at its back. It also has a water tank that helps humidify your home for about 10 hours.
And lastly, this device is recommended for medium-sized rooms, about 240 square feet rooms.
- Sensors that detect the temperature, humidity, and air quality
- True HEPA filter
- Features ionizing technology
- Adjustable panel lights
- Energy star rating
- AHAM Certified
- Excellent CADR Rating (circulation)
- 2-5 year filter life
- No remote control
Whatever these devices have to offer, it is always best to identify and choose wisely which air purifier humidifier combo to purchase. We suggest that before you go to the market or place an order online, kindly take down notes or list the features your future air purifier humidifier combo should have. Like for example, taking note of which contaminant removal or filter the device must have is a good move in making the best choice. Choose wisely!