Why buy a purifier and a small space heater when you can have both in one? Whether you want to remove allergens from the room, foul odors, cool down or heat up – the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool HP04 – HEPA Air Filter, Space Heater is an economical option for improving the air quality in any small room.
Features & Specs:
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 8.1 x 30.1 inches
- Weight:19.07 pounds
- Air Purifier
- HEPA Filter
- Asthma & Allergy Friendly
- Auto Mode
- 350 Degree Oscillation
- Reverse Air Flow
- Air Quality Monitoring And Reporting
- Dyson Link And Alexa Enabled
Dyson Pure Hot + Cool HP04 - HEPA Air Filter, Space Heater (Full Review)
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool HP04 is a combination unit with some added digital features for monitoring the air quality in your home. It senses, captures, projects,cools and heats the air in any interior small space while removing allergens and purifying the air you breathe.
Few companies are as keen on innovation as Dyson, and this small space heater includes the company’s patented air purification technology and futuristic design. Compatible with Alexa and loaded with some really great digital features, it’s surprisingly easy to set up and use. The six feet of cord length is sufficient for most small spaces, and compliments just about any type of decor.
With its TP04 HEPA filter, aIr purifier, and digital monitoring, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool HP04 goes way beyond your ordinary small space heater.
The air purifier utilizes a true HEPA particle filter, which is more than sufficient for most households. If you struggle with pet dander and other allergens, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier will effectively purify the air in any small room.
As one user on Amazon noted, the HEPA filter is relatively small compared to other brands. The surface area of the TP04 HEPA filters total about:10 square feet. Other similarly-priced or less costly air purifiers, however, have 3x as much surface area.
There’s also a carbon filter to remove noxious fumes and odors.
According to the user manual, the filters are non-washable and should be replaced about every six months. An indicator on the unit alerts you when it’s time to replace the filter. You can also use the free Dyson app to monitor the lifecycle of the filter.
Dyson has added some really great features to enhance the user-friendliness of their small space heater and air purifier.
Built in sensors, for instance, monitor the air in your room for contaminants, as well as temperature and humidity. A graphic display on a bright LED screen allows you to quickly analyze the air quality for a range of elements. In natural daylight, the screen dims to adjust brightness as needed.
An automated fan setting on the device is also extremely useful. The automated fan adjusts the air flow to the changes in the room. Once you program your preferred settings, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool HP04 does the rest. You’ll always enjoy the ultimate level of comfort, whether it’s heat, cool air, or improved air quality you need!
Finally, there’s a reverse air-flow feature for changing the direction of the air during purification. In other words, you can reverse the air flow if you don’t want air blowing toward you while the purifier is active.
What We Like:
- VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: Space Heater, Purifier, and heating/cooling fan all in one. Switch to reverse airflow mode and the unit purifies without cooling or heating you.
- HEATS SMALL ROOMS: Heats a small room quickly with thermostatic control during the cold winter months. The HP04 Purifying Space Heater works really well as a personal heater or a small space heater.
- AUTOMATED MONITORING: Sensor technology monitors air quality for ultrafine particles, allergens, VOC’s, and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) to maintain optimum air quality. Initiates purification, & reports air quality levels.
- TRUE HEPA FILTER: Sealed HEPA filter captures 99. 97 percent of allergens as small as 0. 3 microns. Ideally suited for small spaces where allergies, pets, dust, smoke, pollen and mold spores are a concern.
- OSCILLATING FAN: Dyson’s Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of steady airflow, with a maximum 350 degree of oscillation. This allows for a more even distribution of hot or cool air.
- WIFI & ALEXA ENABLED: Hands-free WiFi connectivity allows you to operate either air purifier or the heater remotely. Voice control using Alexa can turn on/off, turn on auto mode, and provide updates on the air quality. Use the Dyson Link app to create schedules and operate the device at your convenience.
- EASY SET UP: You’ll be surprised how easy the quick start guide is to follow. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up the device, download the app and register your email address (for the warranty coverage).
- Stylish design, but modestly powered compared to other brands of small space heaters. Can handle a maximum 290 square feet adequately, but anymore and you may find the air flow just isn’t powerful enough.
- Heating and cooling fan doesn’t have a powerful fan. Other brands in the $50 price range can deliver up to twice as much air flow.
- HEPA filter has a fraction of the filtering capacity of other comparably-priced purifiers
Are Dyson Products Right For You?
Dyson is a well known and globally recognized brand when it comes to innovative household appliances. Their broad range of vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, hand dryers, bladeless fans, heaters, hair dryers, and lights are always stylish with the latest technology for making household chores easier and more enjoyable.
Founded in 1991 by Sir James Doyle, the UK based company seems to succeed at taking risks and going against the grain. Their innovations are often copied by other brands, making them real trendsetters and thought-leaders in the household appliances industry.
You can find Dyson products in hospitals, schools, libraries and community centers, replacing older models of air purifiers, hand dryers, fans and vacuums. Their efficient engineering makes them a better alternative to traditional appliances that require more electricity to operate, with more options for conserving and scheduling energy use.
The company has had its fair share of controversy and faced criticism from competitors early in its development but continues to grow and experiment with new technology and solutions constantly emerging. A Dyson electric car has been in development, which we may see released in the future.