Do you ever feel like your home could use a refreshing boost? If you want to make your space smell great without using harsh chemicals, this article is for you!
Today on Fresh Home Guide, we’ll show you how to make a natural home deodorizer using baking soda and essential oil aromas, so you can have a home that smells both fresh and inviting.
Benefits of using Baking Soda and Essential Oils in a Homemade Deodorizer
A homemade deodorizer is an easy way to freshen up any room in your home. It’s a natural and safe alternative to chemical-based air fresheners, as it doesn’t contain any artificial fragrances or ingredients.
The main ingredients used in this recipe include baking soda, essential oils, and water. Baking soda is a natural odor absorber, while essential oils act as a source of fragrance. When combined, these ingredients create a therapeutic and all-natural deodorizing solution.
Furthermore, making your own deodorizer is a great way to reuse items you already have around the house. It’s also simple to make and requires little effort.
Here are some other benefits:
- Affordable: Baking soda and essential oils are both inexpensive items that can be found in most grocery stores, meaning you won’t have to spend a lot of money on expensive deodorizing products. The ingredients used to make the homemade deodorizer can usually last for several months so they are very cost effective.
- Natural Ingredients: The ingredients used to make the homemade deodorizer—baking soda and essential oils—are all-natural, meaning you won’t have to worry about using any artificial scents or chemicals. Essential oils are natural fragrances that provide an inviting scent to your space while also having therapeutic properties like helping reduce stress and anxiety.
- Customizable Aroma: Making your own homemade deodorizer allows you to customize the fragrance based on your preferences. You can mix and match different essential oils or use just one oil for an even stronger scent. This way, you can create a unique aroma that works best for you and your home.
- Easy to Make and Use: Making a homemade deodorizer using baking soda and essential oils is simple and takes just minutes. To use it around your home, simply spray it in any area that needs a refresher. You can also spray this solution on furniture, carpets, and curtains to help freshen them up as well. With its versatility and ease of use, you won’t have to worry about any messy cleanup when using this homemade deodorizer.
- Long-Lasting Effectiveness: The homemade deodorizer is effective for up to three months, so you won’t have to worry about it losing its effectiveness over time. This makes it a great option for those who don’t want to be constantly making more batches of their own deodorizing solution.
Plus, if you opt for higher-quality essential oils, the scent will last even longer. With the combination of baking soda and essential oils, you can be sure that your homemade deodorizer will continue to keep your home smelling pleasant and inviting for a long time.
- Environmentally Friendly Way to Freshen Your Home: Making your own deodorizer is not only a great way to freshen up your home, but it is also an environmentally friendly solution. Since all the ingredients used are natural and biodegradable, you won’t be contributing to any harmful waste or emissions.
Plus, since you can customize the scent of the homemade deodorizer, you can avoid any synthetic fragrances that may contain potentially harmful chemicals.
How to Make a Homemade Deodorizer Using Baking Soda and Essential Oils
Making a homemade deodorizer using baking soda and essential oils is simple and takes just minutes.
Step 1: Prepare the Supplies
To make a homemade deodorizer using baking soda and essential oils, you will need:
- Baking soda
- Essential oils of your choice
- Spray bottle
You can find all of these supplies at most grocery stores. The amount of baking soda and essential oil you use will depend on how large of a deodorizer you want to make.
Step 2: Combine the Baking Soda and Essential Oil
In a bowl, mix together equal parts baking soda and water. For example, if you use 1 cup of baking soda, add 1 cup of water. Once the mixture is blended, add 5 to 10 drops of your preferred essential oil(s). Be sure to stir everything together so that the essential oils are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
Step 3: Store Your Deodorizer in an Airtight Container
Once you have mixed the baking soda and essential oil together, pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Securely close the lid of the spray bottle so that no air can get in and spoil your deodorizing solution. Store the deodorizer in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. The shelf life of this homemade deodorizer is about three months.
Step 4: Use the Deodorizer to Freshen Up Your Home
To use the deodorizer around your home, simply spray it in any area that needs a refresher. The baking soda helps absorb odors while the essential oils provide a pleasant scent. You can also spray this solution on furniture, carpets, and curtains to help freshen them up as well.
Making your own deodorizer with baking soda and essential oils is a simple, inexpensive, and all-natural way to freshen up your home. It can not only absorb odours but also provide a pleasant scent while providing therapeutic benefits. Furthermore, you can easily modify the recipe to create a unique fragrance that meets your requirements.
Making your own deodorizer is an excellent way to keep your home smelling fresh and clean.
Q: How long does the homemade deodorizer last?
A: The homemade deodorizer will typically last up to three months. If you opt for higher-quality essential oils, the scent will last even longer.
Q: Is a homemade deodorizer safe to use around pets and children?
A: Yes, the ingredients used to make the homemade deodorizer are all-natural and non-toxic, so it is safe for everyone in your home. However, if you have any concerns about skin irritation or allergies, it’s best to consult with your doctor before using this solution around pets or children.
Q: Do I need to add water to the baking soda?
A: Yes, you will need to mix equal parts of baking soda with water before adding the essential oils. This will help create a paste-like consistency that is easy to spray or spread around your home.
Q: Can I use this homemade deodorizer on carpets and furniture?
A: Yes, you can spray the solution directly onto carpets and furniture for a quick refresher. The baking soda helps absorb odors while the essential oils provide a pleasant scent.